MINI MAROILLES BRIOCHES ON A PEER CANAPE
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Number of persons : 6
· 6 mini Maroilles brioches
· 1 Maroilles cheese
· 3 pears from the market (Conference , Williams or else)
· 3 good endives or carmins (red endives)
· 1 garlic clove from Arleux (smoked)
· 12 walnut kernels
· 1 tablespoon of parsley and chives
· 6 nasturtium flowers (optional)
· Tomatoes (optional)
· Olive oil, cider vinegar, sweet herbs
THE RECIPE :
1. Preheat your oven at 150°C. Peel the pears and carve discs between 2 and 3 millimeters of thickness. Sprinkle the discs with caster sugar and garnished them with a piece of Maroilles.
2. Place the mini Maroilles brioches on the discs of pears and put in the oven during 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Cut endives in thin discs. Chop the garlic. Mix endives with walnut kernels. Season with cider vinegar and chopped garlic.
4. Once the mini brioches are hot, place them on the plates next to the salad. To decorate your plate, sprinkle with thin chopped herbs or nasurtium flowers. You can also add carmin leaves, romain salad or tomatoes segments to add more colours. Just enjoy your meal !
This recipe was imagined by Thierry Fréchein, the talented Chef of the Aux Berges de la Sambre restaurant based in Pont-Sur-Sambre.